The kitchen deep clean, it’s the perfect way to provide a safe and hygienic environment. Whether you’re looking at an office kitchen, a commercial kitchen or even a school kitchen, these areas won’t just be serving your staff, they’ll be serving visitors and customers too. For many with commercial kitchens however, who may have been closed for a long period of time, the question being asked is whether a deep clean is necessary? Surely a simple general clean through would suffice after zero use for such a long time? Unfortunately, as simple a solution as it may seem, the answer here is, no.
With the pandemic sweeping not only our nation, but all four corners of the globe, it’s more important than ever that we ensure our kitchens aren’t just cleaned but are professionally cleaned beyond a general surface wipe. In order to fully understand the importance of a deep clean after COVID, here’s more of an explanation as to what a kitchen deep clean truly involves.
What is a kitchen deep clean?
A commercial kitchen deep clean is a professional standard of cleaning. It goes way beyond that of a normal, everyday clean and encompasses tasks that could only be deployed by professional equipment and solutions. Deep cleans are carried out in commercial kitchens and dining areas, ultimately to provide a much needed hygienic space for both staff and customers.
During deep kitchen cleans, specialist equipment as well as cleaning solutions and techniques are utilised to provide a professional level of cleaning. From de-scaling to degreasing and more. From worktops to surfaces, equipment and appliances, ventilation and ductwork systems – with a professional kitchen deep clean, no stone is left unturned. What’s more, cleaning solutions are used to not only clean but disinfect also, which after a global pandemic, we can all agree is pivotal right now.
Many cleaning companies even make use of fogging sanitisation following in their kitchen deep cleans, to provide a thorough level of disinfection following their deep clean services, ensuring commercial kitchens aren’t just clean, but become a hostile environment for viruses and bacteria for a period of time following the clean itself.
The benefits of a kitchen deep clean
While many are seeing a prolonged close as a chance for their kitchens to remain a sterile environment, this simply isn’t the case. From bacteria building to a heightened level of pest activities; there are numerous reasons why getting your commercial kitchen deep cleaned is essential after being closed due to Coronavirus.
- Minimise the chance of spreading the virus – Since the pandemic began, it’s been vital that businesses take steps to reduce risk as much as possible and more importantly, reduce the amount the virus can spread as much as possible. A kitchen deep clean will completely sanitise surfaces and equipment, including the ventilation systems to provide a truly clean, danger free zone.
- Increase your hygiene as much as possible – While your kitchen may have been shut down, with no food preparation taking place, that doesn’t mean it remained a sterile environment. By having a deep clean you can increase your hygiene levels as much as possible so your kitchen isn’t just visibly cleaner, but physically cleaner throughout.
- Increase the cleanliness of your air – By ensuring your deep clean covers your ventilation and ductwork systems, you can ensure your kitchen has clean, fresh air and ultimately reduce the spread of airborne diseases as well as the spread of the virus itself.
- Remain compliant with health & safety regulations – Government guidelines require businesses to take active steps toward being Covid-secure and regular deep cleans are just one of those steps towards being secure from this virus. Having a professional kitchen deep clean will keep you on the right side of the law and ensure you have the necessary paperwork for inspections.
- Keep on top of equipment – After a long time closed and shut down, equipment can find itself unattended for quite some time. With a deep clean however, you’ll also benefit from a once over of equipment, ensuring it’s still in good working order and not in need of repair at the very moment you need it most.
- Reduce the risk of pests – While your kitchen may have been shut down to personnel, we guarantee pests won’t have got the memo. With a deep kitchen clean however, not only will your kitchen be rid of any pests but the remnants that they leave behind also.
- Improve staff morale & efficiency – If your staff know you’re taking the necessary steps to keep them protected, you’ll not only boost staff morale but you’ll boost their efficiency too. It’s true what they say, happy workers do work far more efficiently and effectively.
- Increase customers confidence – Last but by no means least; not only do you want to improve staff morale but you’ll want to ensure your customers have confidence in your ability to ensure their safety at all times and being seen to clean your kitchen thoroughly and regularly, you will instil confidence in your customers with ease.