Automation is everywhere, and for a good reason. Using digital tools has been proven to boost business efficiency and create opportunities for new developments within companies. Human resources are one of the departments that benefit most from process automation. From managing headcount data to onboarding, each of the HR responsibilities is handled with ease when the right tools are available.
HR automation – what is it?
HR automation refers to using software tools to assist in various employee management processes. These tools assist both data and task management, allowing users to keep track of everything while prioritizing what matters the most at the moment.
The main HR tool is usually referred to as the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) or Human Resources Management System (HRMS). It is an integrated system of multiple platforms and software used for managing employees and onboarding information.
The more various platforms are integrated, the better you are able to ensure task automation and communication with employees. However, even less-integrated tools that are dedicated to specific tasks, for example, analyzing changes in headcount data, can enhance HR’s role in promoting business agility.
Streamlining HR processes with digital tools
There are multiple benefits of using software tools for your employee management. Here are some of the main reasons why HR departments all over the world turn to automation.
- Easy task prioritization. Contemporary work environments often require employees to handle multiple different tasks at once. On the one hand, this makes jobs more interesting. On the other hand, it is often difficult to decide which tasks should be prioritized at a given moment while avoiding direct micromanagement. Integrated tools allow easy ranking and managing tasks based on their importance and urgency.
- Enabled personal and headcount data analysis. Changes in headcount data are a crucial indicator of changing HR trends within the company. Analyzing, validating, and reporting personal and headcount data is such a big part of HR’s role in growing companies that we will dedicate a separate chapter below to it.
- Employee self-service. Well-integrated workspace management tools such as flanco also empower employees to take care of various workplace-related tasks themselves. This includes both doing their job and taking advantage of workplace benefits, like registering at the firm’s gym or choosing health plans. Increased control over their data and tasks gives a sense of ownership to employees that can boost workplace satisfaction
- Automated attendance and workflow tracking. As a company is growing, it gets harder to track who is available on particular dates and for particular tasks. Thus, important deadlines might be missed. Automated workflow and availability tracking ensures that tasks are prioritized and assigned to employees who are actually able to do them in time.
- Better onboarding. Coming to work for a company requires learning a lot of new procedures. The way to make it easier for newcomers is by making all this information quickly accessible through integrated platforms.
Many more employee management tasks are made easier by digital tools. Enough to conclude that growing as a business is getting from hard to impossible without proper HR automation and tool integration.
The importance of headcount data management
Basic headcount data is simply the information about the number of employees working:
- in a particular firm,
- on specific locations,
- in one department or another.
Today, however, headcount data can be much more elaborate. Headcount data points can include:
- whether employees work remotely, in the office, or on a hybrid basis,
- their salary,
- their years with the company,
- and much more.
Thus, managing internal headcount data is a huge part of how HR helps in making sure that the company does the best with its resources. Additionally, it allows for informed decision-making when it comes to hiring and employee retention. Integrating your digital tools is the best way to ensure that all this crucial information is up-to-date and accessible when needed.